Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme (SVAYEM): Assam Government has launched various social welfare scheme for various sections of the society.
In the same line, the state Govt. launched Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme, commonly known as SVAYEM Scheme.
This scheme was launched to provide financial assistance to the youth of the state so that employment opportunities can be generated for them.
SVAYEM is a flagship scheme of the Assam Government which was announced in the budget of financial year 2017-2018. The scheme was officially launched in 2017.
At the initial phase it was managed by the Dept. of Industries & Commerce, Assam but after the redesigning of scheme in 2020, it is now managed by the Finance Department of the state.
Under this scheme, a financial assistance of Rs. 50,000 is provided to the micro and small businesses in the rural areas of Assam so that the associated youths can be benefitted.
This helps in promoting small rural businesses and entrepreneurship among the educated youngster of the state.
This scheme is aimed to enhance the income level of the beneficiaries. The government has sanctioned a budget of Rs. 1000 crores.
Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme
The scheme was initially announced in the budget session of 2017-2018. The revision of scheme was done in 2020 and is referred as Re-SVAYEM which means Resigned-SVAYEM.
At the time of launch, the application process was offline. Applicants had to fill the application downloaded from the portal or obtained from the concerned district councils and have to submit it along with the requisite documents before the scheduled date.
But now, the Government has launched an online portal for receiving applications. If you are interested in knowing more about SVAYEM Scheme, then you can go through this post.
Here, you will get complete information about this innovative scheme like eligibility criteria, its features, benefits, implementation process, application process, documents detail etc.
Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme (SVAYEM) Overview
|Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme
|Finance Department, Govt. of Assam
|Scheme Current Version
|Re-SVAYEM (Redesigned SVAYEM)
|Re-SVAYEM Launched in
|To strengthen local employment groups, industries and local economy
|Youth involved in local industries and groups
|Nearly 200000 youths of the state
|Total Tranches/ Instalments
|DBT Mode (Direct Bank Transfer)
|Rs. 1000 crores
|Current Application Status
|Mode of Application
SVAYEM Scheme Objectives
The following are the objectives of the SVAYEM Scheme:
- The primary objective of the scheme is to generate opportunities for employment in both rural and urban areas by establishing new ventures and developing existing business ventures.
- To provide financial aid and support to micro and small business units in the state which are involved in service sector, trading or manufacturing business.
- To provide financial support to the traditional artisans of the state so that their income level can be improved.
SVAYEM Scheme Features and Benefits
These are the salient features and advantages/benefits of the SVAYEM scheme:
- The scheme was introduced in 2017. Later in 2020 it was revised and was launched as Re-SVEYAM scheme.
- The scheme is now managed by the Finance Department of the state.
- The scheme is aimed to support more than 2 lakh youths of the state who are working under various groups and organisations or already involved in entrepreneurial activities.
- The maximum number of members in each group should be 20.
- SVAYEM is a state government funded scheme.
- A budget of around 1000 crores has been finalised by the Assam Government exclusively for this scheme.
- Under the scheme, those who wish to get engaged in such entrepreneurial activities are provided a capital of Rs. 50,000 per member. This amount is provided in two tranches through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- Those who are identified and selected under this scheme are provided Capacity building and entrepreneurial training in which Entrepreneurship & Business Skills are imparted so that they can get clarity and necessary skills required for entrepreneurship.
- The first tranche includes the amount of Rs. 30,000 and pre-condition for this is that beneficiary should compulsorily attend the Capacity Building program.
- The remaining tranche of Rs. 20,000 is transferred on the basis of performance of the group-member under the scheme.
- The implementation of this scheme is carried by various authorities at different levels. At the ground level, the scheme is carried out by the District Level Consultative and implementation Committee (DLCIC).
- Members selected in the Re-SVAYEM program to be provided with entrepreneurship-oriented training and capacity building, which will prepare them for their further entrepreneurship journey.
- To get the initial tranche of Rs. 30,000 per member, it is mandatory for each beneficiary to attend the training program.
- The subsequent tranche of Rs. 20,000 will be released only after reviewing the performance of Re-SVAYEM Group.
Check Out AssamGovJob.in for more Government Jobs in Assam
List of Eligible Activities under SVAYEM
Benefits under this scheme are limited only to a set of activities which has been approved by the State Government.
It means benefits will be provided to the beneficiaries who are engaged only in the given eligibilities under a Group/Venture:
- Mechanic Shops
- Cottage industries
- Food Processing Areas
- Electric Stores
- Rural Transport Service
- Liquid soap, chalk making, sugar candy, etc.
- Services industries like Favel agency, hotel, restaurant, etc
- MSME (Micro, Small Medium Enterprises) Industries such as Agarbatti making
- Mobile Recharge Shops
- Tent Houses
- Agriculture and Allied Sectors
- Trading, etc
Negative List of Activities:
Assam Government has also listed some activities which are not eligible for assistance under this scheme:
- Plastic bags below 40 microns
- Toxicant items
- Tobacco related items as such as Cigarette, Beedi, Pan Masala, etc.
Beneficiary Groups under SVAYEM Yojana
Assistance under this scheme will be provided to the youth working under any of the following group/ venture:
- Self Help Groups (SHGs)
- Farmer Producer Organization (FPO)
- Cluster level PVs/ Federations
- Joint Liability Groups (JLG)
Implementation of SVAYEM Scheme
Implementation of a scheme is way more tough and completed process than planning and launching it. Check the brief information about all the aspects of implementation of SVAYEM in this particular section:
- Capacity Building
- Access to Finance
- Market Access
- Policy Enablement
The implementation of scheme is being carried out at three level by the designated authorities. These include:
A) State level Apex Committee:
It is the top-level body that include members from different department and ministries of the state govt.
B) State level Implementation Cell:
The second authority is state level implementation cell which is supervised by the Director of Finance Departmet. This Cell is basically monitor and track progress of the scheme at state level.
C) District Level Consultative and implementation Committee (DLCIC):
DLCIC is the main authority responsible for implementation of the scheme at the ground level. These committees are set district wise and are supervised by the Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District. It caters to activities like inviting application, scrutiny, selection of beneficiaries etc.
Now check the implementation process:
- The implementation process begins with advertisement and Inviting applications through the online portal. Applications are invited from the eligible youths using the portal within a specific time period.
- Once application process is over, these applications are scrutinized by the concerned DLCICs. After the elimination of ineligible applications, a final list of beneficiaries is prepared.
- Now, the selected candidates have to undergo a mandatory program on capacity building and structured training conducted by DLCIC.
- At the end of training session, each member under every Re-SVAYEM group is provided an amount of Rs. 1000 as a training allowance, which is disbursed into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- After the completion of training program, The first tranche of Rs. 30,000 This amount will be send only to those candidates who attended the training session. The amount will be sent to the bank account of the beneficiary they further have to deposit to the bank account of the Group.
- After three months of transfer of first instalment, beneficiaries have to submit a Fund Utilization Report and Activity Report in a prescribed format to the DLCIC. These reports will be evaluated and on the basis of shortlisting of eligible beneficiaries for second tranche will be done.
SVAYEM Scheme Eligibility Criteria
To avail financial assistance under SVAYEM Scheme Assam, one should fulfil the given eligibility criteria:
- All the applicants (all Group members) should be a permanent resident of Assam and currently should be residing in the state.
- Applicants should fall under the age group of 18 to 40 years as on the cut-off date which is the date of application.
- All the members of group should have completed high school/ class 10th.
- Only those applicants are eligible who are the member of SHGs, Joint Liability Groups (JLGs), Cluster-Level SPVs/ Federations of the State and Farmer Producer Organizations, which are in existence before 1st September, 2020.
- Only those groups will be considered for the scheme in which the minimum and maximum number of group members will be 5 and 20 respectively.
- The applicant must ensure that they have a Group Account and this account should have been opened before 1st September 2020.
- Eligibility will be considered every year as per the cut-off date which is 1st Sep 2020.
- All the Group members should have a bank account in their names opened before 16th Sep 2020.
- No group member should bank loan defaulter. They must submit a self-declaration with application form.
- Applicants having skills and knowledge about business will be given preference.
SVAYEM Scheme Rejection Criteria
Also check the grounds on which applicants will be rejected for the Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme (SVAYEM) Scheme:
- If any of the applicants (group member) have availed benefits under Kanaklata Mahila Sabalikaran Yojana.
- If applicants are engaged in any of the ineligible activities listed above.
Documents Required for SVAYEM Scheme
Candidates are required to submit the following documents along with the SVAYEM application form:
- Proof of residence
- Age Proof
- HSCL certificate
- Ownership Identity documents
- Identity proof (Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence, Passport etc)
- Copy of business Licence
- Business Registration Certificate
- National Food Security card
- Skill Development Training Certificate (as applicable)
- Details of proposed project if any
- Bank Details
- Other required documents
Key Dates of Re-SVAYEM Scheme
Have a look at the timeline of the Re-SVAYEM scheme given in the table below:
|Announcement of Scheme
|1st September 2020
|Launch of Portal for Applications
|11th September 2020
|Last Date of Opening Bank Account
|1st September 2020
|Last Date to Apply
|30th September 2020
|Selection of Beneficiaries for Re-SVEYAM
|15th October 2020
|Last Date of Capacity Building Session
|Till 20th October 2020
|Date of Publication of 1st Instalment
|1st December 2020 Onwards
SVAYEM Application Process
Check the online Application process for SVAYEM Scheme:
- Go to the official portal first.
- To start with the registration process, click on “New Registration” link.
- Now, Fill Group Name and Mobile No. and click on “Generate OTP”.
- Enter OTP in the space provided and click on Submit Button.
- Now, a new window will open for creating password.
- Create password and complete the registration process.
- After successful registration, click on “Login Page”.
- Now, you will be redirected to the homepage of the portal.
- On the login section, selected Group option from the drop down, Enter username/ mobile no. and password. Click on Login link.
- Group profile page will open. Enter all the details to complete the Group profile.
- Edit member details and click on Submit Button.
- Click on Application tab.
- Now, fill the business information correctly in the form and upload necessary documents required.
- Mark declaration and submit application.
- Application will be submitted and filled-in application form will display showing application no. and other details.
- Click on Download Application form link.
- Application form in pdf format will be downloaded and application will be forwarded to concerned authority for verification.
Visit SVAYEM homepage for more related posts
Who are the eligible beneficiary of SVAYEM Scheme?
Youth who are permanent resident of Assam and are working under any of the specified small ventures/ groups or livelihood are eligible beneficiary for this scheme.
What is the difference between SVAYEM and Re-SVAYEM?
Both the schemes are same. The only difference is that SVAYEM was initially released scheme in 2017 where Re-SVAYEM is the redesigned and revised version of the scheme launched in 2020 with certain changes.
How to apply for SVAYEM Scheme?
After the launched of Re-SVAYEM in 2020, applicants can now apply through the online portal.
How much financial assistance is provided to the beneficiaries under this scheme?
All the beneficiaries are provided a total amount of Rs. 50,000 per member in a Group. This amount is disbursed in two tranches – Rs. 30,000 in first instalment and Rs. 20,000 in second instalment.